Need urgent crisis management or crisis communication?
If you require support for a current public relations crisis, or to know our issues management process in public relations, we will get back to you within 24 hours if you fill in this form or call us on (02) 9688-3325.
Our experienced, trustworthy team can help make a negative situation less stressful.
STRATEGIC PREPARATION FOR A CRISIS
Specialist management when you need it most
Pure Public Relations offer specialist urgent crisis management and crisis communication, from dealing with media attention through to communicating with key stakeholders and managing threats to your reputation.
Pure Public Relations can help your business or organisation be prepared with a PR crisis plan. To discuss your issues management needs or to obtain examples of issues management in public relations
call (02) 9688-3325 or contact us here.
The Importance of Crisis Management Firms in Australia
Although it’s never nice to think about your business being plunged into the middle of a crisis, that doesn’t make it any less likely to happen. Faith in an organisation can be lost at the drop of a hat, a badly-written statement can turn into a full-blown crisis within seconds, and a single tweet can cause a business’ share price to come crashing down.
The seriousness of any crisis depends on how well an organisation has prepared for it. As a crisis management PR agency, we can help you get through a crisis with as little damage as possible. If handled properly, it’s even possible to turn a crisis into a positive PR opportunity.
How to Manage a PR Crisis
While it may not be possible to totally avert a crisis, you can reduce its effect to manageable levels. At Pure Public Relations, we can help you do this by:
Preparing for a Crisis
Organisations that are well prepared for a crisis will deal with it much better. As one of the most experienced crisis management PR firms, we will:
- undertake a risk assessment to determine potential problems
- create a crisis management plan with detailed steps for every eventuality
- appoint a crisis management team to deal with anything that arises
- set up warning systems so you are aware of potential problems
- develop your crisis communication and information channels
- get your business set up to act quickly should a crisis occur, including developing issues management plans, preparing holding statements, and offering media training to key leaders and spokespeople.
Dealing with the Crisis
Once a crisis takes place, the key is to act swiftly and effectively. We are available 24/7 for issues management and can help you to:
- implement the crisis management plan and the business continuity plan
- determine the most pressing issues
- ensure a unified response, especially when dealing with the media
- communicate regularly and effectively with those involved
- help you liaise with journalists and the media, often doing so on your behalf
- manage internal communications
- listen to key stakeholders, including social media listening, media monitoring, and ensure responses answer questions and address concerns, misconceptions, and frequently discussed issues.
- provide additional support where and when needed
- identify weaknesses in the response and deal with them.
Post Crisis Actions
Once the immediate crisis is over and most issues are resolved, we can help you recover by:
- talking to all parties involved to learn of their experiences and views
- assessing the effectiveness of the crisis management plan and remedying any weaknesses
- helping with internal communications during the crisis
- improving lines of communication where necessary.
The ultimate aim is to take lessons from each and every crisis, so that things can be improved for the future.
Making Sure You’re Ready For Crisis Management
Crises can be difficult to predict, but it is possible to prepare for them. The very best way to ensure you’re on top of things from the very beginning is to start preparing long before the crisis hits.
Having a plan already in place means that if a crisis does happen, you’ll be able to respond to journalists a lot faster. If your business prepares enough in advance, there’s a chance you might be able to actually receive some positive attention for your impressive handling of the crisis.
Don’t take the risk of letting a crisis cause significant damage to your business. Instead, let our issues management specialists guide you through the process of preparing, responding and recovering effectively. That way, you can ensure your organisation is able to not only survive, but thrive in the face of adversity. Read Less